- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make people who they are.
- We welcome unique perspectives and experiences to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our region.
- We believe that each community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in our work.
- We denounce racism/ethnic discrimination because it undermines the well-being and vitality of our communities.
- We recognize the history of intentional and unintentional obstacles, conscious and unconscious acts and biases, that have contributed to limiting the pursuit of happiness.
- We dedicate ourselves to using these practices for our business and our communities and to be a guiding light for inclusion.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.
UWNESD shares the values of United Way Worldwide. For UWNESD:
- Diversity includes expressions of identity reflecting the realities, background, experiences, and perspectives of all individuals including race, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, education, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and beliefs.
- Equity ensures just treatment, advancement, and access to opportunities for a safe, healthy, and thriving life while identifying and working to eliminate barriers and overcome power imbalances.
- Inclusion means creating an environment in which all are welcomed, respected, and able to fully participate and bring their authentic selves to work.
We expect staff, volunteers, and collaborative and community partners to uphold these values as we work together to build a more equitable and inclusive community. We consider diversity, equity, and inclusion integral to our work, and at the heart of what it means to Live United.